We’re excited you’re interested in working with us!
The Search Monitor Jobs – Current Openings
The Search Monitor provides advertising intelligence for SEM, SEO, and affiliate marketers by monitoring search and shopping engines worldwide, for desktop and mobile devices. Marketers use our insights for brand compliance, affiliate compliance, and for competitive intelligence on paid search, organic search, social media, and shopping engines.
We are a young and agile company built by a team of Internet entrepreneurs with deep experience in search and affiliate marketing. Our clients consist of internet advertising agencies, affiliate managers, affiliate networks, OPMs, in-house marketing teams, and trademark compliance teams. We are a SAAS provider. Our system is 100% web-based. The Search Monitor is a profitable, early-stage company on a very fast growth trajectory. Come join us!
We offer many perks, from a 100% remote work policy to a very generous vacation plan. Best of all, we are a team of smart, fun people who enjoy working together and love using technology to make other marketers even smarter.
NOTE: If you do not see your desired position below, please contact us with your LinkedIn URL and how you think you can help.
Sales Development Representative (SDR)
We are looking for a high-energy, driven professional with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape and natural sales instincts to be our next Sales Development Representative (SDR). The SDR will focus on educating prospects about the Search Monitor ad monitoring platform , qualifying opportunities, and scheduling meetings for the Sales team.
- Manage and qualify leads
- Contact prospects via phone/email asking pertinent questions, listening and qualifying opportunities
- Provide accurate product information and solutions based upon prospect use cases
- Schedule meetings between the qualified prospects and an Account Executive
- Updating Salesforce to ensure the team is working with consistent and accurate information
- 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills are required
- Experience with the Salesforce platform is preferred, but not required
- Confident and professional phone presence
- Competitive nature / motivated to achieve goals
- Pre-call planning/Research – LinkedIn
- Computer / internet savvy, experience with Microsoft Office
- Compensation: Hourly
- Employment Type: Part-time
- Area of Position: Auburn to Roseville, California
To apply, send your resume with the title of the role in the email subject line to: avigil [at] thesearchmonitor.com
Account Executive (remote)
This Sales position is for an Account Executive that has experience with channel sales, networking, and aggressively building a pipeline with brand advertisers and internet agencies.
This will be a “hunter” position responsible for identifying, persuading and closing sales opportunities.
You know you are a contender if you have a passion for online advertising and are a savvy user of social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and/or Linkedin.
We are willing to put together the right package for top-tier candidates.
- BA/BS Required: Marketing/ Business Administration preferred
- 1 – 3 years experience in search engine marketing, affiliate marketing, and/or display advertising
- Experience working in B2B Internet space, with an emphasis on SAAS, Online Marketing, Agency and/or Affiliate space
- Stellar organizational skills, time management and attention to detail, and reporting skills
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and make decisions independently
- Proven ability to exceed company driven quota
- Experience working in a virtual (at home) environment
- Knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Affiliate marketing
- Paid Search and Organic Search
- Competitive analysis
- Online marketing
- Sales tools like Salesforce.com, GoToMeeting/Webex
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to work well with other departments, especially the fun folks in Marketing
HOW TO APPLY
Telecommute Software Architect and Team Lead
Looking for a motivated individual to inspire a small, talented team of developers. You will be the ultimate facilitator, making sure that the software development process flows smoothly. Deep technical skills are a must and you will be leaned on heavily to architect scalable solutions to big-data problems.
- Assist in developing functional requirements
- Develop technical designs using your deep knowledge of our system
- Assign work and manage progress
- Recommend new technologies and process improvements
- Secure and manage outside technical help when required
Skills & Requirements
- US Residents Only (Sorry, we cannot sponsor H1B Visas)
- Education: Bachelors degree desired
- Benefits: Health care, paid vacation, full-time work-from-home (telecommute)
- Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Some of our current technologies: PHP, Laravel, CodeIgnitor, WordPress, MySQL, Apache, ExtJS, Pentaho Kettle, NodeJS, Visual Studio, JQuery, AWS (S3, EMR, EC2, ElastiCache), Bootstrap, JIRA, HipChat