This holiday season, we analyzed the entire 8-day Cyber Week sales period from the Monday before Thanksgiving (11/21) to Cyber Monday (11/28).
The infographic below looks at paid search activity in retail for keywords related to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The data comes from our PPC monitoring platform
. Each retail PPC insight includes a tip for how retailers can improve their holiday and post-New-Years PPC campaigns.
Detail behind the retail PPC insights:
- PPC Page Share: Calculated using PPC reach and frequency data. TIP: Monitor hot competitors weekly to spot emerging click threats
- Sale Offers: Calculated using appearances of 'sale' in ad copy. TIP: Make sure your ads use competitive copy. Then set up alerts when competitive offers change
- Free Shipping Offers: Calculated using appearances of 'free shipping' in ad copy. TIP: Set up alerts for changes to competitors' free shipping minimums
- Mobile Market Share: Measures likelihood of a click by a mobile searcher. Provides insights into PPC strategies and revenue opportunities for you. TIP: Monitor mobile threats at least weekly. Shoppers are mobile during the holidays. Make sure they see you ads before others.
- PLA Activity: Shows how often Google displays PLAs by keyword and seller. TIP: Monitor how often your PLAs appear vs key competitors, and usage of the click-increasing Special Offer field.
: US Google ads captured from The Search Monitor's PPC ad monitoring platform
for Black Friday and Cyber Monday retail keywords between 11/21-11/28, unless noted otherwise
Want to see more? Contact us
or request a demo
if we can pull this same retail PPC insights for your keywords, competitors, or vertical. We're happy to show you the data we captured during Cyber Week 2016.