December 6, 2016
This holiday season, we analyzed the entire 8-day Cyber Week sales period from the Monday before Thanksgiving (11/21) to Cyber Monday (11/28).
The infographic below looks at paid search activity in retail for keywords related to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The data comes from our PPC monitoring platform. Each retail PPC insight includes a tip for how retailers can improve their holiday and post-New-Years PPC campaigns.
Detail behind the retail PPC insights:
- PPC Page Share: Calculated using PPC reach and frequency data. TIP: Monitor hot competitors weekly to spot emerging click threats
- Sale Offers: Calculated using appearances of ‘sale’ in ad copy. TIP: Make sure your ads use competitive copy. Then set up alerts when competitive offers change
- Free Shipping Offers: Calculated using appearances of ‘free shipping’ in ad copy. TIP: Set up alerts for changes to competitors’ free shipping minimums
- Mobile Market Share: Measures likelihood of a click by a mobile searcher. Provides insights into PPC strategies and revenue opportunities for you. TIP: Monitor mobile threats at least weekly. Shoppers are mobile during the holidays. Make sure they see you ads before others.
- PLA Activity: Shows how often Google displays PLAs by keyword and seller. TIP: Monitor how often your PLAs appear vs key competitors, and usage of the click-increasing Special Offer field.
Source: US Google ads captured from The Search Monitor’s PPC ad monitoring platform for Black Friday and Cyber Monday retail keywords between 11/21-11/28, unless noted otherwise
Want to see more? Contact us or request a demo if we can pull this same retail PPC insights for your keywords, competitors, or vertical. We’re happy to show you the data we captured during Cyber Week 2016.Tags: Free TSM Data, market visibility, Offer Monitoring, Paid Ad Monitoring (SEM), Popular Retail Offers, Product Listing Ads (PLAs)