Monitor prices on shopping engines and get alerted to unauthorized re-sellers
The MAP Compliance service allows manufacturers to set up the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy for their products, detect & halt MAP violations, and identify unauthorized re-sellers. Includes Amazon coverage!
MAP Compliance Highlights
- Automated Monitoring: Provide a list of products and we’ll tell you if they ever fall below MAP
- Approved Re-Sellers: Tell us who should be allowed to sell your products and we’ll identify MAP violators
- Details: Get reports with everything you need to verify & halt violations, including screenshots
- Alerts: Schedule weekly reports to be notified automatically when violations occur
How MAP Compliance Works
MAP Compliance monitors shopping engines to ensure that retailers adhere to MAP rules for each product.
- Shopping Engines Monitored. Includes Google Shopping, PLAs, Amazon, eBay, Shopzilla, Pricegrabber, and others.
- Amazon Coverage: Provides near-real-time coverage of Amazon sellers
- MAP Violations. Detect when resellers advertise below-MAP prices.
- Unauthorized Resellers. Detect unauthorized resellers.
- Alerts. Get email alerts for MAP and reseller violations.
- How it Works:
- Manufacturers provide a list of products, authorized prices, and authorized resellers (optional)
- Shopping engines are monitored and violations are flagged. Click Image To See Example
Who Can Benefit
Manufacturers who have the following needs can benefit the most:
- Need to monitor a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) to prevent heavy discounting, protect distributor margins, and quickly identify violations
- Need to be alerted to unauthorized re-sellers for all or a specific list of products
The Challenge With MAP Compliance
Monitoring for shopping compliance faces the following challenges:
- It’s a 24/7/365 activity that happens across multiple shopping engines
- The number of monitored products can be in the thousands
- Violations can appear and disappear quickly (i.e. during short promo periods)
- Manual monitoring is time consuming and prone to errors
- Many big-named retailers have told manufacturers they will not work with them if they allow their products to be sold for below MAP through other channels
Advanced monitoring technology can help!