We’re excited you’re interested in working with us!
The Search Monitor Jobs – Current Openings
- Account Management:
The Search Monitor provides advertising intelligence for SEM, SEO, and affiliate marketers by monitoring search and shopping engines worldwide, for desktop and mobile devices. Marketers use our insights for brand compliance, affiliate compliance, and for competitive intelligence on paid search, organic search, social media, and shopping engines.
We are a young and agile company built by a team of Internet entrepreneurs with deep experience in search and affiliate marketing. Our clients consist of internet advertising agencies, affiliate managers, affiliate networks, OPMs, in-house marketing teams, and trademark compliance teams. We are a SAAS provider. Our system is 100% web-based. The Search Monitor is a profitable, early-stage company on a very fast growth trajectory. Come join us!
We offer many perks, from a 100% remote work policy to a very generous vacation plan. Best of all, we are a team of smart, fun people who enjoy working together and love using technology to make other marketers even smarter.
NOTE: If you do not see your desired position below, please contact us with your LinkedIn URL and how you think you can help.
Sales Development Representative (SDR)
We are looking for a high-energy, driven professional with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape and natural sales instincts to be our next Sales Development Representative (SDR). The SDR will focus on educating prospects about the Search Monitor ad monitoring platform , qualifying opportunities, and scheduling meetings for the Sales team.
- Manage and qualify leads
- Contact prospects via phone/email asking pertinent questions, listening and qualifying opportunities
- Provide accurate product information and solutions based upon prospect use cases
- Schedule meetings between the qualified prospects and an Account Executive
- Updating Salesforce to ensure the team is working with consistent and accurate information
- 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills are required
- Experience with the Salesforce platform is preferred, but not required
- Confident and professional phone presence
- Competitive nature / motivated to achieve goals
- Pre-call planning/Research – LinkedIn
- Computer / internet savvy, experience with Microsoft Office
- Compensation: Hourly
- Employment Type: Part-time
- Area of Position: Auburn to Roseville, California
To apply, send your resume with the title of the role in the email subject line to: avigil [at] thesearchmonitor.com
Account Executive (remote)
This Sales position is for an Account Executive that has experience with channel sales, networking, and aggressively building a pipeline with brand advertisers and internet agencies.
This will be a “hunter” position responsible for identifying, persuading and closing sales opportunities.
You know you are a contender if you have a passion for online advertising and are a savvy user of social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and/or Linkedin.
We are willing to put together the right package for top-tier candidates.
- BA/BS Required: Marketing/ Business Administration preferred
- 1 – 3 years experience in search engine marketing, affiliate marketing, and/or display advertising
- Experience working in B2B Internet space, with an emphasis on SAAS, Online Marketing, Agency and/or Affiliate space
- Stellar organizational skills, time management and attention to detail, and reporting skills
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and make decisions independently
- Proven ability to exceed company driven quota
- Experience working in a virtual (at home) environment
- Knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Affiliate marketing
- Paid Search and Organic Search
- Competitive analysis
- Online marketing
- Sales tools like Salesforce.com, GoToMeeting/Webex
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to work well with other departments, especially the fun folks in Marketing
HOW TO APPLY
Looking for a motivated individual to solve infrastructure problems in creative ways using the full breadth of AWS products and best practices. AWS certification is not required (just a plus), but previous work in high-availability, production environments is a must. Your deep technical skills will be leaned on heavily to architect scalable solutions to big-data problems.
- Recommend solutions that are scalable and cost-effective
- Develop technical designs using your deep knowledge of our system
- Manage and harden our existing architecture
- Secure and manage outside technical help when required
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ Years Working in AWS Production Environment
- US Residents Only (Sorry, we cannot sponsor H1B Visas)
- Education: Bachelors degree desired
- Benefits: Health care, paid vacation, full-time work-from-home (telecommute, remote)
- Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Some of our current technologies: PHP, Laravel, CodeIgnitor, WordPress, MySQL, Apache, ExtJS, Pentaho Kettle, NodeJS, Visual Studio, JQuery, AWS (S3, EMR, EC2, ElastiCache, RDS), Bootstrap, JIRA, Stride
What You’ll Do
In this Customer Support role, you will be the initial point of contact for our clients in resolving questions regarding The Search Monitor’s platform. In assessing and resolving end-user questions you will deliver world-class support to The Search Monitor’s dynamic and growing customer base.
- Help resolve and answer questions for the customer efficiently and effectively
- Gather the required information necessary in order to best handle customer inquiries
- Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
- Extensively document customer technical issues
- Collaborate with Client Services team members to properly manage customer inquiries and escalate when appropriate
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS Required.
- 1-3 years of experience in Search Engine Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Display Marketing, Search Engine Optimization and/or other internet marketing channels.
- Experience managing clients using related products in Internet Marketing, Market Research, Search Engine Marketing and/or web analytics markets
- Experience supporting and/or as a user of SAAS services.
- A zest for using the internet as part of your day–to-day life is a must.
- Guru level knowledge of Microsoft Excel is helpful, including charts, data manipulation, and pivot tables.
- Great communication skills including writing emails, speaking professionally on the phone, and communicating with a team.
- A knack for logical thinking or data analytics would set you apart.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to doldham[at]thesearchmonitor.com.