How do I enter keywords into the ad monitoring platform?
The Search Monitor crawls online ads looking for the keywords you entered into the system. You have two ways to provide these:
1. Custom Keywords
Enter your own list of ad monitoring keywords into the platform, from 1 to a million. Include every variation you’d like monitored (see examples below). Change the list as often as you need. Don’t worry, these keywords stay within the walls of your account.
2. Lighthouse Library
If you’d rather monitor the most popular keywords in your industry, we’ve got you covered. We created a keyword library containing millions of the most important keywords in paid search, SEO, and PLAs. This library, called Lighthouse, is organized into 1,200+ industry groups, each with dozens of sub-verticals. See grouping. We’ve been monitoring this list for years, so the history is already available.
See how it’s done! Request a demo and we’ll take your custom keywords, or a few of our Lighthouse ones, and show you what we know.Request a Demo
Keywords take on lots of different shapes and sizes, and you want to monitor all the valuable ones. A few examples:
Popular Ad Monitoring Keyword Variations
- Typo variations of Trademarks
- Brand-plus keywords – a trademark plus a generic keyword, such as ‘nike shoes’
- Offer Codes such as coupons, promo pricing, or free shipping codes
- Phrases such as your slogan, or a string of offer text, such as ‘APR 10% for a limited time’
- Product names
- Competitor names
- High volume search keywords
- SEO keywords specific to your optimization efforts
- Long-tail keywords such as product descriptions, e.g., green winter north face jacket
- Keywords appended with a geo-modifier, e.g., Boston hotels
Posted in: Monitoring & Capturing Data