Competitive Monitoring Overview
Drive better marketing results with enterprise-level precision.
COMPETITIVE MONITORING HIGHLIGHTS
- Monitored Media: SEM (PPC and PLA ads), SEO, Shopping Engines, & Display Ads on Mobile & Desktop
- Vast Footprint: Worldwide, 9+ search engines, 150,000+ publishers, & thousands of mobile apps. See list
- Frequent Monitoring: Hourly crawling & real-time report updates
- Report Granularity: Data segmented by verticals, unlimited competitors, keywords, or view data in raw form
- Data Access: Web reports, excel export, excel plugin, API, or FTP. Schedule reports & email them to anyone!
- Enterprise-Level Data: Precision ad intelligence developed in partnership with . Learn More
- Search Marketing Visibility Score: Industry’s first holistic view of a company’s search presence. Learn More
- Search Remarketing: Insight into which competitors advertise with Google’s RLSA
Consolidated Cross-Media Intelligence
- Paid Search: See KPIs such as market share, rank, ad spend, clicks, CTR, & CPC across all search engines. Includes remarketing
- Organic Search: Get rank and listing copy for universal search results including local, organic, news, shopping, and more.
- Shopping: View competitors, seller ratings & reviews, keywords, prices, page rank, and SOV, for both PLAs and shopping engines.
- Display & In-App Mobile: Find out where competitors’ ads are running, top-performing creatives, and publisher performance with Display Monitoring.
- Paid, Organic & PLA Together: Analyze performance across paid, organic, and PLA shopping search results in the same report.
- Compliance & Ad Intelligence Together: Get ad intelligence and compliance monitoring together in one platform! See pricing.
- Search Marketing Visibility Score: Grade your total-page search presence & get insights into where to spend next dollar.
Get benchmarking stats to gauge your competitive performance:
- Share of Voice: See how you compare against other advertisers and trend your SOV over time.
- Ad Creatives: Learn from our database of ad copy that is ranked by popularity and searchable by keywords and brand names.
- Market Landscape: Uncover all competitors in the market landscape, ranked by market reach and SOV across media.
- Ad Spend, CTR, & Clicks: Make better decisions using precise paid search statistics computed in partnership with . Learn more.
Business Development & Sales Tool
Get smarter about prospecting using competitive monitoring:
- Prospecting: Find prospects specific to the verticals that you service who are the best size for your business.
- Lead Scoring: Use competitive intelligence to score and rank your leads by ad spend, traffic volume & media channels used.
- Vendor & Partner Identification: Learn which ad tracking vendors and affiliate programs your prospects already use. Track and get notified when vendors are switched or trialed in real time.
- Presentations: Create pitch decks that include the actual tactics used by your prospects and comparisons against competitors and your own proven track record.
- Search Remarketing: Contact people using Google’s RLSA
Media Planning & Strategy
Uncover answers with unprecedented visibility into the behavior of the market landscape. Use this knowledge to hone your media strategy.
Find out answers like:
- Why Did My CPC Increase? Find out if market changes impacted your cost per click.
- Which Offer Types & Creatives Are Most Popular? Uncover competitors’ offers and creatives, sorted by the most effective.
- How Do I Compare Against Similar Advertisers? Index yourself against others like you (e.g., similar size, industry).
- Which Affiliates & Partners Compete with Me? See which of your affiliates are stealing clicks from you.
- Which Affiliates & Partners Help Me? Learn which affiliates are symbiotic with you (e.g., help you cover more keywords and block out competitors.) Learn about Super Affiliate strategies.
- Where Do My Competitors Advertise? See which media outlets, verticals, and keywords your competitors use. Dive deeper into how spending, traffic, and SOV is allocated across paid & organic search, shopping, & display.
Key ad tracking features include:
- 1,200+ Verticals: View paid & organic search data grouped by vertical. See full list of verticals.
- Spend & Click Metrics: Get paid search statistics for Google and Bing on ad spend, CPC, clicks & CTR.
- Vertical Indexes: Develop indexes across verticals of top advertisers to benchmark market reach, spend, clicks, & CPC.
- Historical Data: Get historical data starting in July 2013.
- Ad Spend Accuracy. Lighthouse ad spend data is a highly precise predictor of ad spend. Stats are computed using a mixture of real-time monitored data, click predictions from , and search engine computations. Learn about our precision data.
Learn more about industry ad tracking by visiting the What is Lighthouse?’ FAQ.
Technology & Customizable Reports
We optimize intelligence & compliance using our SmartCrawler™ technology which adapts to the market as it evolves:
- Randomized Crawling: Crawl the competition using random times, keywords, and geographies.
- Geo-Control: Configure crawlers to focus on specific countries, languages, regions and/or cities. Geo-control is important if your business has a local focus like telecom or travel.
- Vast Footprint: Monitor worldwide and in native languages across 9+ search engines, 150K publishers, & thousands of apps.
- Volume Capabilities: Ad tracking available from one to 1 million keywords.
- High Frequency: Monitor hourly, with real-time report updates. Learn about our precision data.
- Auto-ID Affiliates: Automatically detect the affiliate networks and IDs of each partner and determine who is in your affiliate program.
- Custom Reporting: Customize reports on the fly to meet your needs at any given moment.
- Competitor Labels: Group and label unlimited competitors or partners for easy filtering and comparing.
- Report Access: Easily access data via web reports & charts, API, excel export, scheduled email alerts, FTP, or excel query plug-in.
Competitive Monitoring Support
We’re here for you when you need help with the tools or data:
- Take advantage of set-up resources when you first begin
- Access our Ad Tracking Help Center including how-to videos, FAQs, and other training materials
- Contact us via phone, email or live chat